Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Yesterday, Noah had a new nurse every few hours it seemed like. It gets a little frustrating when this happens but I will forever be grateful to his last day nurse... She asked the best question in the world... She asked me if I wanted to hold Noah!! I said "ABSOLUTELY!" So she called in another nurse to help with the transition... passing a baby who has a breathing tube down his throat, an arterial line in his groin, and a central line in his neck, and leads and monitors all over, is a huge process! While I waited, my heart swelled as I anticipated the weight of my child in my arms again. I was very near to tears and SO ecstatic! As soon as Noah was in my arms and settled, his heart rate and blood pressure came down and took one little look at me and fell asleep. :) *Sigh* MY. HEART. MELTED. I held him for two hours before my arm started to fall asleep! LOL

The rest of the evening went ok... he did require some morphine a couple times, but for the most part he was comfortable.

THEN, at 4 o'clock in the MORNING, Noah's nurse wakes us up. At first, Aaron and I thought it was time for x-ray... that is the normal wake up time. Then she said, "I have some good news and some bad news..... Noah is getting transferred... back upstairs.... right now" :::SHOCK::: So.. Aaron and I both jumped up and tried to organize our brains and started packing. We had about 8 nurses helping us pack and carry things. When you have lived at the hospital for over a month and a half, you tend to accumulate a lot of things... So we packed up are whole "home" withing 25 minutes! That was fun. <~~ Do you sense the sarcasm?!? LOL

Noah is settled in his new room back up on the 5th floor... room W504!

Nothing significant showed up on his latest abdominal ultrasound. Their next plan is to talk with the surgery team about his pancreas. Get some ideas from them and possible come up with a plan. He is also requiring a heart cath, that will most likely be scheduled for this Friday. Heart caths always make me nervous, so please pray for this procedure to be done safely and that we can get some answers. We were also warned that he could possible get put back on the cardiac floor right after his heart cath. :/ Nice. ::sigh:: So, we will not be unpacking his room just yet. I wish the cardiac doctors would have thought about this before they decided to move us! Oh well!

Noah received a cute little Christmas Tree and a BEAUTIFUL heart shaped ornament for The Mended Little Hearts of Milwaukee today. It is now sitting in front of his glass door. We would love for family/friends/visitors/nurses/doctors etc. to help us fill it up!!

Please continue to pray for our endurance. Aaron goes back to work in a week. I am going to miss having him up here with us everyday! Please pray for Noah's heart cath to go smoothly. Pray for his physical therapy sessions to keep improving and that he gets his strength back quickly. Please pray that we can have him extubated soon and that he will not need anymore airway intervention! Pray for his withdrawals to subside so that I can have my Happy Noah back! And last, but not least, please pray that I can get at least ONE smile by Christmas!!! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Warms my heart to see your picture of you and Noah together! BEAUTIFUL! I'm so glad you were able to hold him!

Martha :)

Anonymous said...

As a mother I cant even begin to imagine your day to day struggles, but also I know as a mother we never stop fighting for our babies. Your an extroardinary mother and I pray that lord is by your side whispering in your ear late at night... Shh everthing will be ok. Your story truly touches my heart and I pray for your family everyday. Im so estactic you got to hold Noah today. Theres nothing more beautiful in the world than a mother holding her child. - Hearts with you.

Anonymous said...

Wait... what? This blog does not have a "like" button?!?! I am just kidding. That is SOOOO GREAT that you got to hold Noah! That had to have been an amazing feeling! I love how his whole body just responded to you like that - it is truly touching! Continuing to pray for Noah, you and Aaron everyday.

Brianne

Anonymous said...

Tears filled my eyes and joy filled my heart to see the picture of you and Noah together. I am rejoicing with you and praising the Lord for the time you two had together. We are so humbled by your faith and are grateful to keep you and your family in our prayers....may He keep you in perfect peace tonight....keep trusting Him.
The Rohde Family

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Noah's blog! We thank you for following us on our God-led journey and thank you for all your thoughts and prayers! Noah was born June 22, 2009 with many anatomical birth defects and underwent his first major surgery when he was just 4 days old. He has been in and out of the hospital since day one and has had a total of 4 major surgeries to date, with his latest one being the most extreme and difficult - his first open heart surgery on November 4 and December 17th, 2010. He is a warrior and this is his journey...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

He is getting so BIG!!!!

He is getting so BIG!!!!
Getting a short break from his O2 :)

Grab Our Button!

Photobucket

My handsome men!

My handsome men!
Powered by Blogger.

Me and my boy :)

Me and my boy :)

Dec. 6, 2010

Dec. 6, 2010
I got to hold Noah!!

Followers

Blog Design By

Photobucket

Blog Archive