Sunday, December 19, 2010
Noah had a rough start to the night last night. His temperature peaked at 42 degrees Celsius which is about 107.6 degrees Fahrenheit. VERY scary! They put him on a cooling mat and cooled him down as quickly as they could. He was awake and looking at the doctors and nurses around him, so they were not too concerned about him having seizures but it is not certain. Since then, he has blood work done every 4 hours and they are keeping a close eye on his numbers. Some other things that they are concerned with his temp being that high, is muscle break down. This is also measure in his blood. It is elevated to 3,000's (which is really high) but it is not as high as kids who have severe muscle break down... theirs would be in the 20,000's. They are checking this number every 4 hours or so. Something that showed in the blood work, that they were not looking for, was a HUGE escalation in his liver enzymes. This is bad! It could be from his temp being so high, but once again, this is also a number they are watching VERY closely.
Some positive outcomes of the night include his Fentanyl being weaned from 15 to 8! This is a HUGE answer to prayers! This is a drug we ALWAYS have trouble coming off and he is doing so well! PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like there is some information I have forgotten to mention... but please continue to pray for strength for Aaron and I as well as Noah. My brain is to scrambled to even try to come up with a prayer request, but God knows His plan so just continue to pray for His will!

5 comments:

Charla said...

You are one strong Mama! I will keep you all in my prayers. What a beautiful photo of you holding your sweet Noah!

Angela said...

My families prayers are with you! I will follow your journey and hope for the best.

If you are ever interested in a "Time Out" feel free to join my blog.

http://angela-mommytimeout.blogspot.com

We pray your little boy will be able to come home and enjoy Christmas with you and your husband.

Amy said...

Jeremiah 30:17 "For I will give you, NOAH, back your health and heal your wounds, says the Lord..." NLT personalized
Jeremiah 33:6 "Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to NOAH; I will heal my NOAH and will let him enjoy abundant peace and security." NIV personalized
1 John 5:14-15 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him. NIV

The Fruit of Her Hands said...

Amy's comments just gave me chills. The Lord is with Noah and the rest of you. I have been praying and will continue to. God bless you all.

Unknown said...

Praying for a real Christmas miracle for y'all!

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Noah's blog! We thank you for following us on our God-led journey and thank you for all your thoughts and prayers! Noah was born June 22, 2009 with many anatomical birth defects and underwent his first major surgery when he was just 4 days old. He has been in and out of the hospital since day one and has had a total of 4 major surgeries to date, with his latest one being the most extreme and difficult - his first open heart surgery on November 4 and December 17th, 2010. He is a warrior and this is his journey...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

He is getting so BIG!!!!

He is getting so BIG!!!!
Getting a short break from his O2 :)

Grab Our Button!

Photobucket

My handsome men!

My handsome men!
Powered by Blogger.

Me and my boy :)

Me and my boy :)

Dec. 6, 2010

Dec. 6, 2010
I got to hold Noah!!

Followers

Blog Design By

Photobucket

Blog Archive