Monday, December 27, 2010

Big plans for tomorrow

Tomorrow they plan on extubating Noah. This will be second time they try so please pray that his lungs and airways are ready and strong. Today, they are doing a trial with the tube still in, they just turn down the vent settings and let him do all the work. They have been doing a lot of weaning of his sedation drugs over the weekend and he is having withdrawals again. But we need to get this over with so we will push through this rough time and rely on God for our endurance, comfort, and strength.
One thing that I discovered yesterday when we got back to the hospital was that Noah had 3 blisters on his neck and a little yeast. I was very upset! But it is not being taken care of and we are trying to keep the area dry and exposed to air.
Noah's fever curve has been trending down. AMEN! He has been more awake in a little interactive with us... yesterday morning, I was snuggling up to his cheek and he tried to reach up and touch my face. I put my cheek in his hand and he petted my face and then tried to grab my eyelashes! So sweet. I fall more in love with this sweet boy with every second that passes! I can't wait to hold him again.

Aaron and I were able to go to my mom's for Christmas Eve and day. It was really hard watching all my nephews and niece open their gifts and play together. Noah was missing for that picture. I kept remembering moments of Noah's first Christmas last year. I cried quite a few times thinking about it. I missed not having Noah on my lap wanting to get down and roll around in all the wrapping paper. He would have really enjoyed himself. But it's okay... when he DOES come home, I don't care what month it is, we will celebrate with Noah.

Prayer requests:
For tomorrows planned extubation to go smoothly and for his to PASS!
For his pancreatic enzymes and liver enzymes to keep going down.
His overall healing to improve.
For his withdrawals to GO AWAY!

Thank you. I pray everyone had a GREAT Christmas! And a great New Year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying for all that and so much more! He is my baby boy too and I don't like to see him in any pain! Tell him that Aunt Amanda is cheering him on everyday! I can't wait to see him with no breathing tube! And hold him since it has been way too long!
Love Aunt Amanda

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Debi. How have his kidneys been doing? I hope that since they weren't included in the update that means they are doing great! :)
And I'm confused, did you find the blisters on his neck and they are NOT taking care of it? Or did you mean they ARE. I HOPE it's the latter. Poor poor guy.
We'll of course be praying for success tomorrow. Any idea what time they plan on doing it?
And sorry we haven't been able to come visit after I sent my note. Nicolas got the pukes AGAIN. It keeps coming back randomly. Very strange. We'd like to visit soon though!! Hopefully THIS time we all are TRULY on the mend. :) I'd like to bring some stuff up there for you guys. And Nicolas would like to bring Noah a present. :D
Thanks again for the update. I was so happy to hear about him wanting to snuggle. That's so adorable.

Dani Lopez

Amy said...

Thanks for the update. We are praying for Noah's recovery and that everything goes smoothly for his extubation. Will you finally be able to hold him again then? I sure hope so!

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Noah's blog! We thank you for following us on our God-led journey and thank you for all your thoughts and prayers! Noah was born June 22, 2009 with many anatomical birth defects and underwent his first major surgery when he was just 4 days old. He has been in and out of the hospital since day one and has had a total of 4 major surgeries to date, with his latest one being the most extreme and difficult - his first open heart surgery on November 4 and December 17th, 2010. He is a warrior and this is his journey...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

He is getting so BIG!!!!

He is getting so BIG!!!!
Getting a short break from his O2 :)

Grab Our Button!

Photobucket

My handsome men!

My handsome men!
Powered by Blogger.

Me and my boy :)

Me and my boy :)

Dec. 6, 2010

Dec. 6, 2010
I got to hold Noah!!

Followers

Blog Design By

Photobucket

Blog Archive