Friday, December 31, 2010

Last update for 2010!! Where has this year gone?!?

Noah's fevers have gone up a little and he was cultured again this morning. Already, his blood has grown bacteria as well as his breathing tube. He has been on antibiotics for a couple days now and will continue to be until the infection is gone. We are still waiting for the meeting about Noah on Monday. His pancreatic enzymes have doubled again today so they have stopped his feeds. We were doing so well with his tolerating the slow drip! I am so frustrated! I know the doctors are too. We have no idea as to what is causing his elevation. But I am going to give it to God.
Last night, Noah had been having a hard time settling for the night. We had tried his PRN's but nothing was really helping much. I am having an even harder time watching him like this. I feel like I can't help him. Sometimes I feel as if I have triggered his agitation is I brush his arm with my hand. Sometimes I avoid kissing him good night because I fear waking him and him being restless all night because of it. I wish I could crawl into his crib with him and snuggle. Maybe I should ask them for a big kid bed so that I CAN. I can dream!

Anyway.. Aaron and I are going out on a date tonight. Aaron has spent his birthday money to take me to see the Harlem Globe Trotters!!! I am SUPER excited!!!!!! Then we will be coming back to the hospital to watch 2011 drop in with my boys and get my New Year's kisses! Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know each day is as much a struggle for you guys as it is for Noah, but remember that all of your friends and family are going through the struggle by your side each and every day. I hope tonight is a little break from reality! I continue to pray for Noah's daily progress. Have faith that he will fight his way through this episode of sepsis and will continue to take steps toward a full recovery. Rachel

rebecca said...

Praying for you all. 2011 its a new day a new year and God is Awesome. Hold strong to the faith and know that we are praying for you all. Im so glad that you had fun at the harlem globe trotters. I have never been but i hear it is so much fun. :) Have a blessed evening..and know that we are here. Lasana will be on the way hopefully by next weekend. Trying to kick this cold in the butt. hugs

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Noah's blog! We thank you for following us on our God-led journey and thank you for all your thoughts and prayers! Noah was born June 22, 2009 with many anatomical birth defects and underwent his first major surgery when he was just 4 days old. He has been in and out of the hospital since day one and has had a total of 4 major surgeries to date, with his latest one being the most extreme and difficult - his first open heart surgery on November 4 and December 17th, 2010. He is a warrior and this is his journey...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

He is getting so BIG!!!!

He is getting so BIG!!!!
Getting a short break from his O2 :)

Grab Our Button!

Photobucket

My handsome men!

My handsome men!
Powered by Blogger.

Me and my boy :)

Me and my boy :)

Dec. 6, 2010

Dec. 6, 2010
I got to hold Noah!!

Followers

Blog Design By

Photobucket

Blog Archive