Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"Time is tickin' away, tick tick tickin' away"

Yesterday was not such a good day. Noah vomited 3 times and his heart rate was a little high. This morning during rounds, we changed his calorie from 27 to 24 to see if that helps. So far, so good. He is still a little "sad", not really his normal happy self all day. His urine output is a little lower than normal as well but still within a good range. He has not spiked any fevers which is great!
Physical therapy came by during his morning break from the CPAP. He is now getting 2 four hour breaks a day. PT was happy to see how much strength has returned in just a week. Last week he hardly moved his left leg. Today he was kickin' away! We started working on getting him to roll to the sides and back and he seems to want to do it on his own.
On his last break today, we cuddled and watched Up together. Then we both fell asleep for a good hour and half. He drooled ALL over my shirt!! LOL!
I forgot to mention... This morning I asked them when they thought he could go home... One of the responses was, "Not before Easter, that's for sure" :/ ... I am getting the impression we could be here until the beginning of May. Please pray he can come off the CPAP and highflow... this is basically the only thing keeping us here... well and him showing them he can tolerate his feeds and gain great weight. Thank you!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is getting so big! I will continue my prayers for strength and healing! I can't wait to meet this little fighter one day...

love Jessica B

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Noah's blog! We thank you for following us on our God-led journey and thank you for all your thoughts and prayers! Noah was born June 22, 2009 with many anatomical birth defects and underwent his first major surgery when he was just 4 days old. He has been in and out of the hospital since day one and has had a total of 4 major surgeries to date, with his latest one being the most extreme and difficult - his first open heart surgery on November 4 and December 17th, 2010. He is a warrior and this is his journey...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

He is getting so BIG!!!!

He is getting so BIG!!!!
Getting a short break from his O2 :)

Grab Our Button!

Photobucket

My handsome men!

My handsome men!
Powered by Blogger.

Me and my boy :)

Me and my boy :)

Dec. 6, 2010

Dec. 6, 2010
I got to hold Noah!!

Followers

Blog Design By

Photobucket

Blog Archive