Sunday, May 1, 2011

Rough couple of weeks...

A nasty bought of sickness has made it's rounds in our household over the past couple of weeks. Noah and I have had respiratory crud a few weeks ago that is taking it's sweet time to leave. Then a few days ago, I caught a stomach virus from somewhere (I have NO clue where!) that lasted for 24 hours and left me 8 pounds lighter and with less energy. Then it made it's way to poor little Lorali (Noah's cousin from SC) who didn't have it as long as I did but passed it to Aaron and Ami, my sister-in-law, and then on to CJ (Noah's other SC cousin) who is still feeling yucky today. This is their last day here before they drive back to SC this afternoon. :( I am going to miss having them here... I just wish this visit wasn't so yucky. So far, it seems to have skipped over Noah... I guess that flu shot he got has prevented it. Thank you, Lord!

On top of Noah's respiratory illness, he has not gained any weight in over 3 weeks. In fact, he has consistently lost weight every week. It is really frustrating and I can not help but feel like I am failing to see what we are doing wrong. I know I shouldn't feel that way... no need to reassure me of this, but it is just how I feel and it is because I am a mother. A mother of a special little boy. A mother of a miracle. Noah IS a miracle... God has proven that time, and time again. So, when I start feeling like a failure, I need to remember ALL what life has thrown at Noah and he has overcome it all. He keeps on trucking along. He keeps fighting. I am so blessed to have him and to be his mother.

Noah is a LOT more mobile. He rolls EVERYWHERE and gets into EVERYTHING! He has also learned how to throw a toddler tantrum :) I (secretly) am absolutely LOVING it too! I wouldn't have it any other way! He deserves to throw fits :)... for a little while at least. HA!

He has been so sweet on me. He loves to give me Eskimo kisses and regular sloppy kisses all the time! He still plays with my eyelashes when he is tired and falling asleep. He likes to pet my face and give me the sweetest smile. Then he becomes a stinker and starts smacking me... also while giving me the sweetest smile. My late Grandma Pownell would call them "love taps" :) He does love me. And I love him.

Noah's second birthday is creeping up on me. I can not believe we are about to have a TWO year old! June 22nd! Wow....

Until next update, praying you all are enjoying the Spring and are healthy! Thank you for the continued prayers... we are always in need of them and are so very grateful.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying that Noah will thrive! And for continued protection from sickness and nasty germs! Praying for you too! That you may long appreciate temper tantrums!

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Noah's blog! We thank you for following us on our God-led journey and thank you for all your thoughts and prayers! Noah was born June 22, 2009 with many anatomical birth defects and underwent his first major surgery when he was just 4 days old. He has been in and out of the hospital since day one and has had a total of 4 major surgeries to date, with his latest one being the most extreme and difficult - his first open heart surgery on November 4 and December 17th, 2010. He is a warrior and this is his journey...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

He is getting so BIG!!!!

He is getting so BIG!!!!
Getting a short break from his O2 :)

Grab Our Button!

Photobucket

My handsome men!

My handsome men!
Powered by Blogger.

Me and my boy :)

Me and my boy :)

Dec. 6, 2010

Dec. 6, 2010
I got to hold Noah!!

Followers

Blog Design By

Photobucket

Blog Archive