Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Last night was extremely difficult. Noah spiked a fever that would not come down with the Tylenol or Motrin. He was becoming dehydrated due to his vomiting. Last night they tried 4 times for an IV. At first they got a vein so they drew cultures off of it before they secured it. But before they could flush and secure it, the vein blew. We had him on Pedialyte all night in hopes to keep him hydrated, but that didn't seem to work... vomited ALL NIGHT LONG. He was so miserable. Couldn't sleep at all. Cried all night. Wanted me near but then pushed me away. I tried to hold him in the rocking chair as this has ALWAYS been the cure all, but he didn't even find THAT soothing. I cried with him. It hurts that I couldn't find the right thing to do to help him feel better. Then FINALLY at 5am his vomiting stopped. At 6am he started asking for water and by 7am, was finally sleeping. What a rough night.

Today has been better. His fever has been gone since early this morning. A little more happy and sleeping a lot. I don't blame him though.. I just predict tonight will be a wakeful night... but a happy wakeful night... at least on his part.. this momma is going to be very tired.

I can't remember if I mentioned this in the last post, but Noah had thrush a few days back and has since been getting nystatin. His mouth looks SO much better. The cultures they drew last night are positive for some kind of bacteria. Not really sure if it is a true positive culture or a contaminated culture. They re-drew cultures a couple hours ago just to be sure and was started on another antibiotic.

::sigh:: this weekend has been a REAL test of my patients... I can't wait till this is all over and we are a family who lives at home once again! Please pray our night is uneventful, and despite my prediction, a RESTFUL, sleeping night! Thanks!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Noah's blog! We thank you for following us on our God-led journey and thank you for all your thoughts and prayers! Noah was born June 22, 2009 with many anatomical birth defects and underwent his first major surgery when he was just 4 days old. He has been in and out of the hospital since day one and has had a total of 4 major surgeries to date, with his latest one being the most extreme and difficult - his first open heart surgery on November 4 and December 17th, 2010. He is a warrior and this is his journey...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

He is getting so BIG!!!!

He is getting so BIG!!!!
Getting a short break from his O2 :)

Grab Our Button!

Photobucket

My handsome men!

My handsome men!
Powered by Blogger.

Me and my boy :)

Me and my boy :)

Dec. 6, 2010

Dec. 6, 2010
I got to hold Noah!!

Followers

Blog Design By

Photobucket

Blog Archive